Security Van Drivers
Your next role is waiting for you
CTS pay competitive salaries and provide generous benefits
£23.5k rising to £25k pa
Silchester, Nr. Reading and surrounding area
We have immediate vacancies for LGV C+E security drivers to expand our crew in the Reading area. We’re looking for adaptable and flexible individuals who like variety, for regular driving work. You will be transporting specialist cargoes including dangerous goods and other high consequence goods and work will be varied, taking you to unusual destinations around the UK and into Europe.
Driving for CTS is about delivering excellent customer satisfaction and you will need to be an individual with integrity, who takes pride in their work, shows meticulous attention to detail and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude. You must be well presented with good geographical knowledge. Experience with high security/high value, multi-drop, double manned and international driving would be an advantage and holding an ADR qualification is beneficial although not essential as training will be provided for the right candidates.
Experience with DG/high consequence, multi-drop, double manned and international driving would be an advantage and holding an ADR qualification is beneficial although not essential as training will be provided for the right candidates.
Above all you must be highly adaptable and willing to work in other parts of CTS’ operations which, for example, may include warehousing or furniture/accommodation moves and distribution on a local client’s site as part of CTS’ delivery of an integrated logistics service.
- Professional driver with commercial driving experience, 3.5T licence with a maximum of 3 points and no current DD/DR/TT points or offences
- Full ADR (packages) desirable, although training will be provided
- Basic IT/computer skills, experience of using PDAs or WMS
- Adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong customer service ethos
- Fork Lift experience & qualification advantageous but not essential
- Physically fit, able to load and unload vehicles and undertake furniture/office moves as part of a team
What will my working week look like?
- It will vary (up to legal limits under Domestic/EU Drivers Hours/Domestic rules including rest periods) however our aim is to achieve as close to an average of 50 hours per week in a 26 week reference period
- It will include weekend and night working on rotating patterns that will be agreed in advance. A 10% uplift in pat will apply to any night work carried out between midnight and 0459am
- It will involve early starts, late finishes and nights away from base
CTS pay competitively and provide generous employee benefits including flexible working, pension, life assurance, 5 days’ annual company sick pay, 20 days holiday plus BHs with the ability to build up service days, cycle to work scheme and uniform. We also provide comprehensive training and development opportunities for our staff.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo Security Vetting.