LGV C+E Security Drivers
Your next role is waiting for you
CTS pay competitive salaries and provide generous benefits
£40k per year
Silchester, Nr. Reading and surrounding area
We have immediate vacancies for LGV C+E security drivers to expand our crew in the Reading area. We’re looking for adaptable and flexible individuals who like variety, for regular driving work. You will be transporting specialist cargoes including dangerous goods and other high consequence goods and work will be varied, taking you to unusual destinations around the UK and into Europe.
Driving for CTS is about delivering excellent customer satisfaction and you will need to be an individual with integrity, who takes pride in their work, shows meticulous attention to detail and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude. You must be well presented with good geographical knowledge. Experience with high security/high value, multi-drop, double manned and international driving would be an advantage and holding an ADR qualification is beneficial although not essential as training will be provided for the right candidates.
Security vetting is a requirement for this role. Applicants must have resided in the UK for 5 years. Please do not apply unless you have lived in the UK for the last 5 years at the date of application.
Email us to apply now, send through your CV and a short covering note and we’ll come back to you to take things forward.
- Careful professional drivers with commercial driving experience
- ADR desirable, although training will be provided (financial lock ins will apply)
- Current LGV C+E driving licence (held for at least 3 years, max 3 points and no current DD/DR/TT points /disqualifications)
- Good knowledge of the UK road network and experience of driving in Europe
- Good knowledge of drivers’ hours rules and road traffic regulations
- Physically fit, able to load and unload vehicles
- Basic IT (for PDA use)
- Team player – work will include some double manned driving
- Strong customer service ethos
- Applicants must live within a 30 mile radius of RG7 2PQ due to early starts/late finishes
Hours will vary from week to week:
- M-F: as required by the business up to legal limits under European Drivers Hours Legislation including rest periods
- Across a year your hours should average 50-55 per week
- You should expect to be doing regular nights out and sleeping in your cab
- Occasional weekend work required as part of a rota
- Overtime rates apply at weekends and BHs (1½ x)
CTS pay competitively and provide generous employee benefits including flexible working, pension, life assurance, 5 days’ annual company sick pay, 20 days holiday plus BHs with the ability to build up service days, cycle to work scheme and uniform. We also provide comprehensive training and development opportunities for our staff.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo Security Vetting.