Your next role is waiting for you
£50-£55k per annum
Plus £5k car allowance
Generous commission structure
Are you an ambitious Sales person looking for a new and exciting opportunity? We are keen to hear from resilient, money motivated, results driven individuals who are excited at the prospect of taking on a developmental sales role and making the job their own.
CTS deliver complete peace of mind to the UK’s most demanding organisations in the most difficult of circumstances, handling the world’s most dangerous cargo. With an uncompromising approach to compliance, governance, values and standards, CTS are trusted by governments, defence industry giants, high consequence medical providers and the nuclear industry to keep their specialist operations moving.
The primary responsibility is driving business growth through the combination of new sales and executing product and service development opportunities. Identifying new opportunities, and determining optimal pricing to balance profit with client/customer satisfaction.
This role will be responsible for delivering the annual sales targets, working closely with the other members of the leadership team and implementing the key strategies to deliver the budgeted growth across the organisation, based on a realistic analysis of the market opportunities, historical sales performance, sales activity, conversion ratios and existing and planned sales resourcing. Build a healthy and sustainable sales pipeline.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities…
- To develop and maintain a cohesive business development strategy for achieving the company’s agreed growth targets across the full portfolio of service offerings, revising as appropriate in line with internal and external forces.
- To develop through normal business tools a realistic sales forecast for business growth for each of the core products, through analysis of existing and potential activity & opportunities.
- Report on sales performance to the leadership team on a weekly/monthly basis – such report may include: sales team results (successes and gaps vs. plan), team activity (quantity, direction and quality vs. plan), and team development vs. plan and market trends/future pipeline opportunities/risks or as otherwise agreed.
- To plan and deliver the growth through “Direct Sales” activities and those of the Operations Co-ordinator team, Operations Director and relevant operational staff to ensure results in line with the Sales forecast.
- To review with MD & Head of Finance on a monthly basis divergence from budget / sales plans and agree corrective actions and / or make necessary re-forecasts.
- In conjunction with the MD, directing the Company’s marketing strategy.
- To work with the Marketing Manager to ensure the necessary market presence to support the sales activity along with the necessary Sales collateral.
- Working with Head of Finance and operational management team, to ensure optimal pricing for Company to achieve revenue targets.
- Supporting the wider management of the business by contributing to operational, strategic and other leadership team meetings where appropriate.
- To work in conjunction with MD & Heads of HR & Finance to ensure that any recruitment/development/training required to support the business objectives is timely and meets the plan for the business and the sales targets.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive Sales and Business Development experience in a similar environment
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
- Exceptional relationship building and networking skills with stakeholders and the wider business
- Displaying calmness under pressure since the job frequently involves stressful situations
- Attention to detail so that operations are not thrown off course and avoiding mistakes
- Excellent Communicator in both oral and written form
- Negotiating skilfully to arrive at agreements that benefit the company
- Be able to work with a high level of integrity, work ethic and confidentiality
- Proven success in a similar role within a complex business
- Be methodical in your approach to any task without complicating it
- A self-starter with the desire to take responsibility for new initiatives and the commitment to see them through to completion
- Demonstrable experience of providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Positive outlook and a “can do” attitude
- Persistent nature
- Establish themselves as a trusted advisor
Behavioural habits will include:
- Timely response to communication i.e. meetings, email and requested actions
- A positive approach to challenges, always asking – ‘What can we learn from this?’, ‘How can we improve?’
- Must have the ability to “Hunt and Farm” opportunities and be proactive in the approach calculating the audience.
- Demonstration of absolute resolve to the whole team in relation to achieving agreed targets, executing agreed activities and coaching the team in continual improvement
- Creating an environment in which team members can excel and be motivated to deliver high performance – giving the team a wider sense of purpose, allowing individuals to have a good level of personal autonomy and developing team members into mastery of their roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, sales and marketing management or retail marketing or the higher national diploma equivalent, OR
- A Level 6 CILT advanced diploma in Logistics & Transport/Operations Management or equivalent logistics operations experience gained at a senior level (minimum 5 years)
- Working knowledge of Dangerous Goods Safety Transportation and “high value, high risk” freight
We are an equal opportunities employer and our aim is to hire great people from all walks of life – if you share our values please come and join us.